Producers
Argentina
Italy
Spain

Direct Olive Oil
About Us
Contact Us
Community Programs

 
 
Go Back Go Back Printer Friendly    
WINE PROFILE

SOTTIMANO
Langhe Nebbiolo 2013

divider

92 POINTS - VINOUS MEDIA      [Read More]

divider

The Langhe Nebbiolo is produced in the zones of the Basarin, in the area of Neive. It is a historical and very prestigious vineyard. Its position on the border between the zone of Neive and Treiso, together with high altitude gives the wines a particular note of spices with a hint of licorice, as well as great complexity and a considerable structure. The vines are very young, about 15 years old.

The fermentation and the maceration of the skins normally takes about 14-18 days. No selected yeasts are used. The malolactic fermentation happens in French barrels coopered by Francois Frères in Burgundy. The wine stays in those barrels for approximately 14-16 months, half of this time on its lees. 25% of the barrels used for aging this wine are new, the remaining 75% have previously been used up to four times. There is no filtering and no fining prior to bottling. 



OVERVIEW

REGION: Piedmont
divider
APPELLATION: Langhe Nebbiolo
divider
FERMENTATION: Maceration on the skins for 7-8 days and alcoholic fermentation with temperature control, malo-lactic fermentation and maturation in French oak barriques (2nd and 3rd use) for 10 months. Bottling without filtering nor clarification.
divider
PRODUCTION:
divider
COLOR / TYPE: Still
divider
VARIETIES: 100% Nebbiolo
divider
MATURATION: 14-16 months in barrel, half of that time on the lees
divider
  PHONE
303.547.6343

FAX
303.383.1303

GIULIANA IMPORTS
2253 Edgewood Drive
Boulder, CO 80304

  follow us on twitter
  join us on facebook
 
  About Us | Contact Us
Copyright 2018 Giuliana Imports. All rights reserved.